Cycling Merit Badge Schedule and Notes
Cycling Merit Badge Requirements
Cycling Meeting Location:
2449 Lingerman Way, Avon, IN 46123
(neighborhood between 200N/300N and Dan Jones/900E)
All are required to complete the merit badge, but we also understand that not every Saturday is available. You can make up trips on your own, but talk to Mr Clark to coordinate those rides. The troop may also hold "make-up" events as well.
|April 17||Details||10 mile ride 8:00 a.m.|
|April 24||Details||15 mile ride 8:00 a.m.|
|May 1st||Details||15 mile ride 8:00 a.m.|
|May 8th||Details||10 or 15 mile make-up ride 8:00 a.m.|
|May 15||Details||25 mile ride 8:00 a.m.|
|May 22||Details||25 mile ride 8:00 a.m. (note – this is a camping weekend!)|
|May 29/20/31 (TBD)||TBD||25 mile make up ride OR 35 - 40 mile prep ride 8:00 a.m.|
|June 5||Details||50 mile ride|
50 MILE RIDE
June 5th, starting at 8:00 a.m. we'll have 8 hours to complete the 50 mile ride which will consist of 4 laps of the B & O trail. For those unable to attend the 50 mile ride on June 5th, another 50 mile ride may be scheduled later in the summer.
Merit Badge Notes:
- Bike – required and in good repair, roadworthy, you’ll be putting miles on-make sure your gears work!!
- Helmet - REQUIRED!!
- Mask – unless Covid restrictions are lifted you’ll need a mask with you.
- Water – always have a water bottle
- Clothing – appropriate and in layers
- Tools- to maintain your bike – will be discussed
- Traffic laws – will be covered discuss with your parents also
- Communication – with parents on where you’re riding and with the other riders while riding
- Trail rules – ‘on your left’, watch for others in front and behind, don’t block the whole trail, etc.